About Social Impact
We believe in setting high expectations and then exceeding them. (Picture the pole vault at the Olympics and you get the idea.)
Weber Shandwick Social Impact is a global agency team that partners with corporations, nonprofits and foundations to drive engagement on pressing social issues. We are story tellers, content creators and advocates.
(Try using that the next time you’re at a party and someone asks where you work. It’s fun.)
We’re a team that’s dedicated to helping public and private sector organizations amplify their voice in key issue debates, advocate on critical causes and tell stories that demonstrate impact. We understand the unique challenges and opportunities in building communications programs around corporate social responsibility and social issues—and have helped many organizations successfully maximize their investment in communications.
At the start of any client partnership, we establish consensus on what it means to win and execute research-based strategies to mobilize advocates—individuals, organizations and media—on behalf of our clients’ objectives.
Increasingly, much of our work is focused on how to navigate the ever-changing social web to reach and engage with advocates. That’s why on our blog, you’ll often see conversations on innovative web design, participating in two-way conversations online, and the value of taking an “inline” approach.
One of the things that we believe sets us apart is that we’re able to quickly activate the extensive resources of our global agency on behalf of our client partnerships. That includes our partners at KRC Research and Sawyer Miller Advertising, who bring deep experience in research and issue advertising.
And, finally, heeding the words of Winston Churchill, who wisely said “However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results,” we have a rather relentless focus on measuring success.
What We're reading
- A. Fine Blog
- Beth’s Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media
- Bits Blog (New York Times)
- BSR - The Business of a Better World
- Charity Navigator Blog
- David Coethica's Blog
- Dot Earth
- Foreign Policy Blogs
- Give & Take (Chronicle of Philanthropy - General)
- Global Health Policy
- Global Health Report
- Global Voices
- Huffington Post (Media)
- Inside Philanthropy (Philanthropy Journal)
- Passport (Foreign Policy)
- PhilanTopic (Philanthropy News Digest)
- Prospecting (Chronicle of Philanthropy) - Fundraising
- Realizing Your Worth
- Selfish Gving
- Tactical Philanthropy
- TechCrunch (Washington Post)
- The White House Blog
- @afine (A. Fine Blog)
- @cpreston (Chronicle of Philanthropy, Give & Take Blog)
- @eclawson (Chronicle of Philanthropy)
- @ianwilhelm (Chronicle of Philanthropy, Give & Take Blog)
- @phijo (Philanthropy Journal)
- @philanthropy (Chronicle of Philanthropy)
- @pndblog (Philanthropy News Digest)
- @tactphil (Tactical Philanthropy Blog)
Daily E-mail Digests
- Breaking News (Council on Foundations) – To subscribe, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Philanthropy Today (Chronicle of Philanthropy)
- Nonprofit Times
- Philanthropy Journal
- Philanthropy News Digest
- Real Clear World
- Standford Social Innovation Review